USS Eldridge DE 173 and USS Garfield Thomas DE 193
Ceremony at the Boston Naval Shipyard, Massachusetts, transferring the ships to the Royal Hellenic
Navy. The transfer, which was made under the provisions of the U.S. Mutual Defense Assistance Program, took place on 15 January 1951.
The ships served in the Greek Navy as, respectively, Leon and Panthir.
National Archives Photo
Copyright © 1998-2011
desausa.org. All rights reserved.