USS Lovering DE 39

DESA Bulletin Board: Seeking Shipmates or Ship Information: USS Lovering DE 39
By nelson smallenbarger on Friday, May 16, 2014 - 07:04 am: Edit Post

Hello, are there any sailor's still alive who served on USS Lovering DE 39 in the South Pacific between July 1944 to Oct 1945.

Nelson Smallenbarger

By Helen E. Smiith on Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 09:00 am: Edit Post

My dad Horace C. Smith, served aboard the USS Lovering. He joined the Navy in 1944 at age 35,
he could have got a deferment.He didn't think it right for 18 year olds to go when he was willing and able. He and a friend joined on the buddy plan. That didn't work out. He went one way and his friend went another. He sort of became the ships tailor. I think he might have been one of the oldest on the ship. I too, would like to know what campaigns his ship was in.

By Ozzie Tollefson on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 05:34 am: Edit Post

Hello. My brother, Clarence Vernon Tollefson,SO1 served aboard the USS Lovering 1944-1945. Hoping to contact any shipmates from that time. I'm also interested in specifics on her compaigns in the Pacific. Reach me at: Ozzie Tollefson, ozzie@epix.net Thank you very much.

By Bonnie Marshall on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 12:40 pm: Edit Post

My Dad, Robert E. Mills served on the Lovering. He was very proud to have done so and some of the fondest memories of his life were of this ship and the friends he had there.I heard many wonderful and humorous stories growing up and Dad just loved telling them over and over. He passed away a few years ago and I just wanted to say thank you for making this part of his life so memorable.

By nelson smallenbarger on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 12:57 pm: Edit Post

hello how many sailors are alive that served on USS Lovering DE 39 during world war II.please send me emails nsmall39@hotmail.com. thank you nelson s

By j.r.threadgill on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 09:43 am: Edit Post

I am looking for information about the USS Lovering, specifically the campaigns for which she received her three campaign stars. A distant relative of mine, Seaman First Class (S1/C)Jack Boshell jr., served aboard her. I would also like info on him as well if anyone knew or remembers him. Any info will be appreciated. Email is james.threadgill@hotmail.com

SFC Threadgill
HHC,3 BCT, 101st ABN Div (AASLT)

By nelson smallenbarger on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 12:16 pm: Edit Post

hello all shipmates of de 39. hope youare enjoying the reunion .. please send me e mail. nelson smallenbarger www.nsmallenb@hotmail.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: